25 January 2014

A Month In(spiration)


[source]
I'm about a month and a few days out from leaving my nonprofit job and settling back into life in Canada.  I won't say the past month has been easy...there has been a lot of "letting go" and "settling in" and getting used to a new routine that doesn't involve a 9-to-5.  It has, however, been one of the best decisions of my life and, the more time I have to reflect on it, the more I know I am doing the right thing and truly beginning to live the life I love.

It's a crazy concept to leave your steady, comfortable paycheque.  To leave the benefits and the familiarity.  It's crazy to consider a different way of living/being/breathing.  But, that is exactly what I am doing.  

Dave and I are inspired by the stories of those who take the road less traveled.  People like those in the film "I'm Fine, Thanks."  A great little gem of a film created by a team of people who are doing exactly what they love.

We're inspired by Audrey Sutherland who wrote the amazing book "Paddling North" and Cheryl Strayed of "Wild" fame.  We are inspired by tiny homes and vegan-paleo food.  We are inspired by homemade almond milk and handmade goods on Etsy.

We are inspired by the food bloggers at Green Kitchen Stories and My New Roots, ultrarunners Krissy Moehl and this amazing mom, Kasie Enman, all showing that you don't have to do things "by the book."  Geoff Roes is also one who inspires us to slow down and take stock.

Recently, Dave has been inspiring with videos from the vlogbrothers.  Two guys who created something awesome by sharing information that blows your mind and gets you thinking.  

We've also been inspired by more mainstream fare...the photos on Pinterest and the goods at Huckberry.

In short...do what you love.  
We've got one shot on this rock.  
I'm planning on making it count.

No comments: